Plex for Android
Plex for Android, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your device and easily share it with friends and family. Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now!
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! We attempt to detect your previous purchase automatically. If this fails, please select “Already Paid?” on the activation screen and follow the instructions to restore your purchase.
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Android phones and tablets, Chromecast, and Android TV, among others.
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to other supported Plex Apps.
• Remote control your big screen Plex Apps.
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY
You can remove the playback limitations on the app if you:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the Android app itself
Here’s a small taste of more things that Plex does to make your media experience awesome:
• Plex presents your media beautifully with artwork, rich metadata, and related content.
• Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
• Easily share your media with friends and family.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Plex Pass feature: Hi-def music videos from Vevo appear alongside your music
• Mark online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube to be able to ‘Watch Later’ on all of your Plex apps.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.11.1 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
Improve search speed.
External subtitle offset adjustment support.
[Mobile] Validate email on sign up/reset password.
[Mobile] TIDAL: display HiFi indicator in audio player.
[Mobile] New player playqueue list allows “undo” removals.
[TV] Display “Now Playing” view in the top bar.
[TV] External subtitle files can be deleted from a Plex Media Server.
[TV] Optical passthrough support.
Add rest of items to the play queue when playing a music video from preplay screen.
Make sure audio player uses local items when ‘Prefer synced content’ enabled.
TIDAL: “Add/Remove to my TIDAL” action not present in preplay screen when opened from library artist screen.
App could crash when starting audio playback.
TIDAL: close playback settings menu when “Add/Remove to My TIDAL” option selected.
TIDAL: curated playlists could appear as modifiable.
TIDAL: play version most suitable for current quality settings.
New audio player could show duplicate notifications.
ExoPlayer v2: updated timeout detection to use correct values.
Sign out would not correctly clean up previous user data.
Smart playlists could not be removed.
[Mobile] Show a “zero state” screen if selected filters return no results.
[Mobile] Display correct icon for “Add to ” action in audio player menu options.
[Mobile] TIDAL: “up” navigation from “My TIDAL” content could not work as expected.
[Mobile] Only show “mark as played” if applies.
[Mobile] Scroll position not properly set when a grid section is resumed.
[Mobile] Playing News in full screen crashes the app.
[Mobile] Show correct text in “unlock” screen if app installed through Amazon.
[Mobile] Make sure current playing item cannot be removed from playlist.
[Mobile] Synced music tracks would sometimes fail to play.
[TV] : improve hub scrolling performance.
[TV] Playback: holding fast forward/rewind actions don’t update progress bar.
[TV] Signing out could result in a crash.
[TV] Improve layout of alert dialogs.
[Tablet] : long audio types could overlap description.
Downloads: PREMIUM features Unlocked